November 3, 2014

Must Be a Blue Moon

What? Wow! It's been over two years since my last blog entry! Allow me to explain my absence: I got married and had a baby! Check out that little redhaired dynamite! That's my son, Champ (named for his grandfather), and my husband, Bryan.

Things have been busy, and crazy, and wonderful. And having my son has prompted me to get more serious about photography and filmmaking than I've ever been. 

To that end, I've redesigned my professional website, and now I'm doing a little tinkering on this ol' blog, with the intentions of writing about my photo and film work here and there.

Consider this blog post a bookmark. Everything before this post was the pre-baby blog (Bella Rossa: Adventures in Comedy), and it used to sport this header at the top:

And everything after is Elizabeth McQuern: Chicago Photographer and Filmmaker. And this is my new header (destined to change at any moment, as I can never stop tinkering):

Wow, I look back at that old header and it seems like a million years ago. In reality, it's only five or six years, but wow, how things have changed.

Anyway, hi! I'm back. So besides the husband and the baby, what else have I been doing? Well, lots of stuff. 

Family portraits and weddings:




Headshots:


...and lots, lots more. Catch you up soon.