February 17, 2006

I Don't Dislike Lucy, Per Se...

Home at the moment, and bored enough to plug in the TV and flick through the local fuzzy televised offerings. "I Love Lucy" was on.

There must be some generation gap issue here, because while I find it interesting, I don't find it all that funny. I want to. But I can't.

Then again, almost all old black and white films and shows look ancient to me, like artifacts, and seem so culturally far removed from anything I recognize as modern, that they just don't compute. I know she was groundbreaking, and important, and all that, and that's cool, but I wish it made me laugh, too.

My next question might prove my cluelessness. Here goes. What was the big deal about her being a redhead when the show was in black and white? (Colorized DVD box notwithstanding.)

No comments: