July 31, 2007

It's Going to be SO Funny, No, Seriously...

Do my blog readers look to the left and check out my Twitter posts? Just curious.

Anyway, I can't sleep. Again. This time for reasons of excitement, rather than bone-rattling, soul-smothering anxiety. Two things:

I've been asked to perform in show written and directed by Second City instructors and directors. Very flattering. Very outside my comfort zone, but what the hell? If there's one thing I've learned lately, it's never say never.

And -- the biggie -- I just got approval for Bastion/Apiary sponsorship for the stand-up comedy showcase I want to produce and perform in here in Chicago. I was going to do some nerdy-ass "and here, I will type the name of my showcase for the first time, to boldly declare to the universe that blah blah blah" but then I stopped myself. It's too cool a name, and I'm feeling uncharacteristically superstitious, I don't want anybody stealing it. I also don't want to lose my own enthusiasm and wuss out.

Anyway, also, this (NSFW) video is effing hilarious. Enjoy it, and enjoy thinking about what your dear Bella might be able to do for herself and her merry band of comic misfits if she secures her own stage and can create a place for some really cool stuff to evolve. (Maybe she'll stop referring to herself in the third person, because that crap is annoying.)

3 comments:

nora leona said...

Woo Hoo!Congratulations!
I can't wait to hear the cool-ass name of the showcase.

Jerry in Texas said...

Shoes....

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Seriously. "Shoes." I am obsessed with these comedy videos right now. And Nora, hang tight...details forthcoming. Oh my god, what am I getting myself into? I'm scared. Sometimes I miss my small-town life. But it's about more than just me.