December 26, 2007

My New Girl Crush: Diablo Cody

I just read all the way through the blog of Diablo Cody, who wrote "Juno." I haven't even seen the movie but I'm already in love with Diablo, who is 29, a blogger-turned-comedy-screenwriter from Chicago, and is my new role model.

I just e-mailed my Bucket of Nerds co-horts and I was like "read this! She's amazing!" I especially love the way she is making a point of enjoying every part of her success - even the stuff most people whine about, like press junkets and non-stop travel for interviews.

Here's why Diablo still believes in blogging:

"Blogging helped me cultivate a voice in a way," Cody says. "But the thing that is most useful about it is just doing a daily writing exercise. You're using the muscle even as it stagnates in a cubicle or wherever."

Also, "Diablo Cody's Tips On Blogging Your Way To Hollywood Success": "...don't look for a plan. Put your blog out into the world and hope that your talent will speak for itself."

7 comments:

Moderator said...

The clips I've seen make this movie look good. Plus it reunites some cast members from "Arrested Development."

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Yeah, if I end up hitting a theater before the holidays are over, I will probably see this.

Dale said...

It's gotten so many excellent reviews, I'm trying not to hear anything more about it.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Diablo is currently writing a sitcom for Steven Spielberg, and clearly having a lot of fun with her success. SO cool.

Dr. Zaius said...

Happy New Year, Bella Rosa!

Chancelucky said...

Bella,
you ought to interview her yourself.
Happy New Year btw.

Anonymous said...

See Juno! Just don't go expecting something "wacky". It's not really much of a comedy, just a cute thing.

Also, if the "funny" dialogue in the beginning makes you want to die, hang in there, it fades away.