August 6, 2008

Why You Should Not Leave Your MacBook Open When You Leave Home

...if you have a rambunctious kitten.

I was editing video clips until the minute I ran out the door to ChUC last night and one of Andrew's clips was still compressing, so I left my MacBook open on my bed so it could finish.

When I got home, the "Writing Work" folder on my desktop had been renamed "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (etc)."










Also, I had some new screenshots of the desktop, featuring a spotlight search for "bxxxxxxxxxx duc."

P.S. There is stripey cat hair stuck in the x key. And the w key.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

o hai! I can haz a mac now? Kthanxby.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Exactly.

Unknown said...

Ahoy!

Here's a wee tip.
Open your applications folder then utilities.
Launch keychain access.
Go to preferences an check 'show status in menu bar'

Then you have a wee padlock in the top right which you can go to and lock the screen. But you won't be able to accidentally trigger it like a hot corner.

Of course it might make your cat sad. So gaze into thee ball and ponder Bella Rossa...