September 20, 2008

KB's Twitter Cupcake Project

A couple of days ago on Twitter I saw a message from my friend KB:

I enjoy baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes. Who would like some this Monday? What kind and how many? And... I'm totally serious.

I didn't want to be greedy so I didn't respond. After (astonishingly) she got no replies to her offer for homemade, hand-delivered cupcakes, she offered them to me! Even asked me what kind flavors I like. Then last Thursday night she came to the house with a giant container of cupcakes, which were chocolate chip cookie dough in vanilla cupcake batter, with vanilla buttercream frosting made from scratch.

KB just finished her degree from the Art Institute and is amazingly creative. There is some kind of thoughtful, arty "remote communications technology used to facilitate the sharing of a personal, homemade foodstuffs" idea behind her Twitter cupcake project (it's ongoing) but our reaction when she walked in our front door with an armful of cupcakes was no more complex and thoughtful than NOM NOM NOM as we picked cupcakes apart with our fingers and devoured them like greedy little children. Then we sat on the back porch talking for several hours, about comedy, and love, and dealing with critical detractors, and the strength of art, and so on.

The next day I Twittered:

Nellie, Teresa, and Elizabeth inhaled KB's chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and YUM!

Then KB Twittered:

Talented supportive women are the most extraordinary creations known to me. That & giving away choc chip cookie dough cupcakes. I enjoy life.

XO XO, KB. You're one of a kind.

P.S. Do I really have a pre-existing tag named "a special message delivered with cupcake?" I guess I do.

No comments: