November 5, 2008

My Pix from Election Night Chicago Underground Comedy Show

Full set here. Last night's show was weird and wonderful. We did political material, with me on the God mic giving election updates fresh from my MacBook. We had a tiny audience (which we expected), but they were super enthusiastic, and if I couldn't be with my boyfriend at the Obama rally in Grant Park, I'm glad I was at my show, celebrating with my friends.

The moment Chicago was waiting for:
Monitoring Returns on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

Mike Lebovitz, in the pre-Obama era:
Mike Lebovitz on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

Prescott Tolk sharing a voicemail from his mother, who pulled out all the stops (guilt) to convince him to get out and vote:
Prescott Tolk on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

Jim Fath, in the middle of his set, looks at me and says "Did he win? Is it official?" Yes, it was.
Jim Fath on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

James Fritz, just after the announcement of Obama's win, speechless. Perhaps for the first and only time in his life.
James Fritz on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

Dan Telfer, also doing a spontaneous set, because none of us were in our right minds:
Dan Telfer on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

Jeff Hansen brought it home with some of that trademarked heartfelt passionate ranting we love him for:
Jeff Hansen on Election Night at Chicago Underground Comedy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please please post some highlights from this show. Especially, Prescott's mom's voice mail.