March 26, 2009

Mop Top Festival Video Promo

I can claim camerawork on this brief promo for the Factory Theater's Mop Top Festival, a Beatles-themed comedic play on stage now at 3504 N. Elston. (It was supposed to be more complex, but there were technical issues - let's just say we all learned something in the process.) I used pro-quality mics with my camera for the first time, did green screen for the first time, and worked with multiple actors and a real director for the first time. The Factory Theater people are awesome, and the shooting day was so fun.


The Mop Top video was edited by the tremendously gifted Mike Tutaj, my new filmmaking guru, who has been generous with my barrage of techie questions. To get a better idea of the scope of his abilities, check out this gorgeous video he did for a previous Factory Theater production Siskel and Ebert save Chicago:


Siskel and Ebert Save Chicago - Opening Titles from Mikey on Vimeo.

No comments: