August 13, 2009

Chicago Underground Comedy past and present! 40 hours of editing - 4 years of photos, video, and audio in 4 minutes

My wrists are throbbing and my eyeballs are dry. I've officially been editing for 16 hours straight and I might have forgotten how to talk. BUT! Check out this frigging kick ass video, featuring all of our past and current Chicago Underground Comedy cast members, plus several favorite guests.

I'd add more commentary but I'm seriously, seriously brain dead right now, plus, if I've done my job, the video will speak for itself. This represents four years of awesome comedy in four minutes. And, hopefully, the beginning of my real filmmaking career! (No, I'm not going to say "reel." That's just stupid.) But yes, I'm going to use this clip to shop myself around for more paid editing work. I love, love, obsessively love Final Cut Pro. Obviously.

Oh, and P.S., though I've been on hiatus from performing stand-up for over a year, one of my old jokes is included here - the ever-so-classy "Cheetos or dick" joke at the one minute mark. I really had very little audio of female comics that as usable for this project (I've learned a lot about mics and better sound in the last few months) so I threw that snippet in. Ennnnnnjoy.



Chicago Underground Comedy is produced by Dan Telfer and Elizabeth McQuern every Tuesday at the Beat Kitchen, 2100 W. Belmont. Our producer emeritus is Tony Sam.

Editing and original music by Elizabeth McQuern.

Photography by Elizabeth McQuern (color photos) and Kristy Mangel (black and white) except as noted (additional photos kindly shared by Katie Moore, Krystle Gemnich, Abbi Crutchfield and m. berru).

Chicago Underground is produced by Dan Telfer and Elizabeth McQuern every Tuesday at the Beat Kitchen, 2100 W. Belmont. Our producer emeritus is Tony Sam.

Featuring Pat Brice, Aaron Foster, Adam Burke, Allison Leber, Andrew Rollins DeWitt, Becky Garcia, Beth Stelling, Bill Cruz, Brendan McGowan, Brooke Van Poppelen, Bryan Bowden, C.J. Sullivan, Cameron Esposito, Chad Briggs, Dan Telfer, David Angelo, Duane Freeman, Elizabeth McQuern, Hannah Gansen, Hannibal Buress, James Fritz, Jared Logan, John Roy, Joe Fernandez, Kara Buller, Ken Barnard, Kumail Nanjiani, Kyle Kinane, Lauren Ashley Bishop, Matt Braunger, Matt Ruby, Michael Lebovitz, Mike Bridenstine, Mike Ferbrache, Mike Holmes, Mike Olson, Mike Wiley, Nate Craig, Nate Fernald, Paul Thomas, Prescott Tolk, Puterbaugh Sisterz, Ranjit Souri, Renee Gauthier, Ricky Carmona, Robert Buscemi, Sean Flannery, Steve O'Brien, Tony Sam, Faye Canale, Mike Holmes, and Josh Cheney.

No comments: