December 18, 2005

The Boring Post (Blah Blah Blah No One is Reading My Blog)

It has come to my attention that no one has read my blog in almost a week. Yeah, yeah, there are holiday preparations, and shopping, and travel concerns, and whatever. I'm still mad.

Hence, I will indulge in a scattershot, boring post of pointless comments.

1. Last night, as we were leaving a party, my brother slipped on ice and punched me in the upper chest on his way down to the ground. He had not had a thing to drink. Due to some recent specialized sports training, he knew how to fall without incurring physical damage to himself, and laughed. My chest still has a little smudgy red mark on it.

2. What I ate today: Cajun Crab Cakes Benedict with fresh fruit at Ann Sathers, two orders of edamame with some beer, and a couple of handfuls of pistachios. Also, because I am a geek, I have quantified my own "handful," and it's a little less than a quarter of a cup.

3a. It is sunny and pretty here in Chicago, but colder than a witch's ass. My face is burning with irritation right now from all the bitter wind. Ow.

3b. Frozen shampoo is a very unpleasant sensation on the scalp. In wintertime Chicago, one is advised not to leave such topically-applied products in the bathroom window.

4. My kitten is weirdly happy to curl up into a plastic baggie and be carried around like a bag of slouching grapes.

5. A friend has helped me to determine that the 1/8 of me that is Irish consists of my right arm - the arm I drink and punch people with.

No comments: