May 1, 2006

Squirrel Rescue

Baby_squirrel2
Squirrel Rescue is making me feel bad about the time I smeared Crisco all over a housesitting client's birdfeeder stand to keep the dang squirrels out of the sunflower seeds. You should have seen the desperate little claw marks all over the grease.



I wouldn't have cared so much, but my clients had a live feeder cam filming directly onto their corporate internet site, and it would have been totally obvious if I'd let the feeders get low. (Their current feeder cam is in a different place than the one I took care of.)



From "How To Trim a Squirrel's Teeth":



Squirrel_burrito
Wrap the squirrel up like a squirrel burrito. This will protect you from scratches and bites and the squirrel from moving during the procedure causing damage to himself. Be sure to have his legs restrained so he cannot wriggle free. Also make sure to cover his eyes as this will reduce stress and keep him more still.
(Via Squirrel Rescue)

No comments: