October 16, 2008

Mismatched Press Release of the Day #4

My god, I think they will seriously never end. This week I got invitations to suburban dinner theater shows, a bunch of stuff about some cable comedy crap, and an urgent missive from some horrible rock band from Olympia (who I suspect are doing their own PR, what with the exclamation points and all the misspellings).

Excerpts from the latest bag of crap:

Greetings—

When covering “Rock & Rule” night and/or each individual show in your Best Bets, What To Watch and/or in review column, please remember to mention that the shows will air only on DIRECTV’s The 101 Network, commercial-free and in HD; “Rock & A Hard Place” will air at 9:00 pm ET/PT, followed by “Supreme Court of Comedy” at 10:00 pm ET/PT.

We will follow up with you shortly.

Uh, no, you won't because you're in my spam filter. And thank god I'm a freelance writer and not a corporate wage slave, because tough as being self-employed can be, I'll never be obligated to pretend to care about crap like this.

No comments: