February 9, 2009

Bryan Tasting Malört


Bryan
Originally uploaded by Fuzzy Gerdes
Ha ha!! Fuzzy's birthday party on Friday was great fun. Leigh Vandiver was there! Also a nice assortment of the usual Blewt-y suspects - Noah, Speedy, Tyler, Shannon, etc. And of course Erica and Fuzzy, who were pushing Malört like it was Diet Coke. I was not brave enough to taste it but Bryan is always up for a challenge to his palate.

This is the "Who do I punch to get this taste out of my mouth?" phase of the experience. Malört, for the uninitiated, is a terrible liquor made of wormwood, and it's lingering aftertastes are described variously as "burning tires," "nail polish remover," and "bug spray." Mmmm.

7 comments:

Joe said...

Hah! Great picture! I always described Malort as being somewhere between Jaegermeister, bug spray and grass clippings. I don't know of anyone who's ever had it, other than on a dare. A big mistake a lot of people make is trying to kill the taste by smoking afterward. BAD IDEA THE NEXT MORNING. Maybe chewing on a urinal cake might kill it. No one I know has ever been drunk and desperate enough to try.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

UGH! The smell alone told me I was not hardy enough to down a shot myself. But watching everyone else sure was fun.

Unknown said...

'it's lingering aftertastes are described variously as "burning tires," "nail polish remover," and "bug spray."'

Don't forget ear wax!

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Oh, yeah! Ear wax! I thought it smelled like the baby octopus my grandparents gave us, suspended in a very suspicious liquid in a peanut butter jar.

Unknown said...

it's the worst ever!

Fuzzy said...

Thanks for coming to the party. And for letting me try to poison your boyfriend.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Happy birthday, Fuzzy!!