January 26, 2009

Obama's Inauguration Speech, Illustrated

An acquaintance of mine, fellow Chicagoan and creative Brandy Agerbeck, has a really cool job.

To quote her own website, "Graphic facilitator Brandy Agerbeck creates conceptual maps of conversations. Since 1996, her drawing and thinking skills have facilitated groups of 2 to 1000 across industries. Brandy's images help people navigate the complex world around them and bring clarity to their work."

At left is her representation of President Obama's, inauguration speech, which, as she explains here, took her about three hours.

2 comments:

Timothy Carter said...

That's really cool. I should get my wife to look at that - she's a graphic designer, and might find your friend's work inspiring.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Isn't it? I think Brandy's work is really great. I'd love to see her map out a conversation Bryan and I have sometimes...we're both ADD and full of information but we always bring everything full circle.