November 21, 2006

Coaster Punchman's Gross Tag

Here's my contribution to the game of gross tag that some of my blog friends (including Coaster Punchman) are enjoying (or not enjoying, as the case may be).

Years ago, when we were kids, my brother dog-sat for the neighbors while they were on vacation. The dog was nervous when the neighbors were gone, and would poo in her indoor concrete-floored kennel instead of going in the yard, as she would when the family was home.

My brother walked into the dog's inside kennel (linked to an easily accessible outdoor run) to find a big pile of sloppy poo, which he would then move to gaggingly clean up, and inevitably throw up in the middle of. (He's always been quite squeamish. Even listening to descriptions of gross things incites his gag reflex. I, on the other hand, can shovel horse poo and change diapers all day with no problem.)

The dog (whose name was Dandy - somehow this is important to the story) would then happily lap up his puke, before he could shakingly run over to clean it up. On each following visit, it would be the same thing all over again, except, of course, after the first time, it was actually his vomit she was pooping each visit, which then inspired his next round of puking.

We still laugh disgustedly at this sometimes, and refer to it as "the circle of life."

10 comments:

Dale said...

Horrifying and hilarious. I'm puking right now. Can you send Dandy over?

Anonymous said...

that is a great metaphor for life, actually.

Coaster Punchman said...

This dog was the ultimate in "conservation minded." I wonder if he was a Boy Scout? Or maybe a Dog Scout?

Chancelucky said...

I'm glad I read this before Thanksgiving rather than immediately after.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Alas, dear Dandy has long since ascended to doggie heaven. She's probably lapping up the puke of angels as I type this.

Prego said...

Funny. I also wrote about gagging and poop today. Your brother and I have the same 'dis'taste.

I think I've got a couple gems for that fit the gross-tag criteria.

p

PS love the new picture. très pretty... then again, so was the other one.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

I think we're on to something with the gross-out tag, guys. We seem to really be striking a chord.

Hope I'm not repulsing too many of my new readers via Gapers Block.

Aw...thanks, Prego. I'm glad the new pic meets with your approval. I hardly Photoshopped it at all. I only smeared out a few freckles. And that big bump on my nose. And that snaggly tooth.

Prego said...

Are you saying you look like Jewel Kilcher?

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Not online.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bella Rossa,
My dear friend Mickey (3 guesses!) showed me this last week, and we were laughing our butts off (alas, no Dandy to clean up THAT mess!)

It took me a week to stop laughing, and to grow a new butt so I could sit here and type a comment.

There's some funny stuff here! Thanks for providing some laughs.