March 11, 2007

My Stage Fright Is For Sale On eBay

Should you care to click over to eBay, you can do the universe a favor and relieve me of my stage fright with a reasonable bid. (More details on this on posts below.)

Yeah, I'm selling my stage fright on eBay. I want to finally start doing stand-up comedy (after only about 20 years of thinking about it), and this is the only obvious and reasonable solution to the problem.

Below is the ridiculous and fruit-smashing-licious video that Sloan and I shot together to commemorate the occasion. If I'd held out hope for anonymity in the blogosphere (or at this point, dignity), I suppose it's time to bid that hope a sassy sayonara.

By the way, here's Sloan's new website, featuring her amazing writing and burgeoning filmmaking skills. Yes, some of the photos of her (all of which were taken by yours truly) are stunning, but keep your tongue in your head. She's still my niece, after all. Oh, and here's Sloan's blog entry about this recent creative adventure. I know, it's getting awfully self-referential in here. Somebody stop us.

9 comments:

Chancelucky said...

Bella,
great short. Hey, that's exactly how I was the first time I tried to tell jokes in front of an audience only the fruit got progressively bigger and weirder. It's no fun to be hit with Durian.

I like the e-bay auction too. So, you're going to let me know if you ever play Northern California.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Thanks, Chance! Wow...should I could myself lucky that I don't know what a Durian is?

If I'm ever being funny in a town near you, I will let you know.

Chancelucky said...

Bella,
I figure it'll happpen and not because I suddenly move to Chicago....

You're funny. It's not all that common. Look at me, I'm still not funny.

Collin said...

Great video. I'm afraid I won't be bidding on your stage fright though, as I already have too much of my own just hanging around, making my butt look big.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Aw, stop. You're funny in print! You've made me laugh out loud. How could you not be funny in person?

beep said...

Very funny and the "juvenile" joke at the end. Hilarious.

Collin said...

In print's different though. I can stop breathing and still be able to type for a bit. At least long enough to write, "Hello? What's this? I seem to have stopped breathing!"

I stop breathing on stage, it will be noticed.

Anonymous said...

Great acting. The parts where you brush your teeth makes it look like you're really brushing your teeth :-) Really though, it was well done and funny. I want to do an open mike night sometime soon, have only performed stand-up in front of non-hostile crowds.

Go for it and inspire me to do it myself.

Anonymous said...

Bella, I love Your e-bay attitude. There is a domain name for sale on ebay: .annanicolesmithspsychictellsall.com
whats your take on this?