November 7, 2007

Winner of the Bad Music Contest - NO ONE

Well, thanks for listening and voting, everyone. But it seems that between the 4 to 4 votes and the swing votes going "undecided," we have no true winner in the First Official Sloan and Elizabeth Bad Music Contest. Here's the final tally:

Votes for "Cheese Purse of Freedom" -
1 Nick
2 Shan
3 Anonymous
4 Keef

Votes for "The Gerbil Klaxon Terrible Music Project" -
1 Anonymous
2 Luis
3 Dan Telfer
4 Mercy

Undecided weenie butts -
1 KDuck
2 Grant Miller
3 Chancelucky

But fear not! The creation of terrible, horrible art will not end here. Because of your indecision, Sloan and I have decided to enter round two of this tragic competition, and either 1. Remix each other's crappy songs, or 2. Make videos for each other's crappy songs. Stay tuned.

Baby gerbil photo from Cute Overload.

8 comments:

hud_callahan said...

I'm glad I abstained then. Now the world has more bad music.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

It's only going to get uglier from here. Then it's on to sculpture and performance art including choclate syrup. Stick around.

Chancelucky said...

Okay, if you make videos I'll vote. I don't like being an undecided weenie butt.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

It looks like we're going to remix instead of doing video, just because of time constraints, Chance. But I'm going to hold you to that. Don't be diplomatic. We can take the truth.

Brett A. Snodgrass said...

Aaawww, I want to see videos!

Elizabeth McQuern said...

We'll do videos when we have time. Awesome videos, starring Mousekin himself. With lots of prison imagery, and something conveying a sense of frantic urgency.

Weird how a theme popped up in our music, without us really planning on it. "I don't want to be in here" was a random thing I'd said earlier in the day, when we were trying to figure out where to eat breakfast. We stopped into Standee's but it was crowded, and Sloan said "We'd have to sit in the back...by the bathroom." And I said "Um, I don't want to be in here," which I didn't think was all that hilarious, but Sloan laughed like I was an idiot.

And the "gerbil" thing, well, she talks about gerbils all the time, so that was a natural element to add to the song.

Moderator said...

Get the Dust Brothers to remix your shit. Works for everybody else.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

We're thinking about calling ourselves the Gerbil Twins or something like that. That's way cooler than the Dust Brothers.