September 13, 2007

"Hello Beautiful" On Line One

It looks like I'm going to be a guest on Chicago Public Radio WBEZ/NPR's "Hello Beautiful," the Sunday morning arts show, next week, talking about my entrée into stand-up comedy. If I'm not mistaken, it will be a 20 minute segment.

They're interested in the fact that I kicked things off by selling my stage fright on eBay, among other things. Good thing I'm outgrowing this shy thing.

Heh...heh? Gulp. Why is my mouth so dry all of the sudden?

I'm going to do my best to pump up the Chicago scene as much as possible, plug the names of as many friends as I can, and make sure they know that the coolest place in town to catch stand-up these days is Chicago Underground Comedy, damnit.

11 comments:

Coaster Punchman said...

It's really amazing what you are doing. Something interesting with your life. I hope you remember us little bloggers when....

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Are you kidding? You called to sing me the Mary Tyler Moore song when I was down and out. Seriously. I have always hoped to meet you someday. :)

Dale said...

Exciting news Bella, it just keeps getting better and better.

Timothy Carter said...

You won't forget to mention that your favourite novels of all time are Epoch and Section K, right?

Hey, it was worth a try. Good luck on the show - you'll do just fine.

Sold your stage fright on eBay, huh? That's funny!

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Thanks, Dale!

And yes, Timothy, apropos of Chicago comedy, I will plug your books like crazy. :) Yep, sold my stage fright for $100. Ridiculous but sort of necessary.

Post about the sale: http://bellarossa.blogspot.com/2007/03/ebay-auction-of-elizabeth-mcquerns.html

Post about the ensuing first open mic: http://bellarossa.blogspot.com/2007/04/chicken-no-more.html

Prego said...

Right on... Right on. I'll try to tune in online, if possible. Nice to see you've gotten the ball rolling.

p

(ps. thanks for checking in on me here and there)

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Thank you, Prego! And best of luck with gorgeous baby #3. Of course I'm checking in for updates on that. :)

Chancelucky said...

Congratulations Bella.....I wanna hear it. Is there going to be an archived feed on the internet? Can you youtube, the thing?

In a year, Carole Liefer's going to be the one interviewing you :}

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Yeah, Chance, there will be a link online. I actually don't have a radio myself, so I probably won't be listening to it live either, but I will definitely post the link.

It's funny you mention Carol Leifer - I just read that she paid over $10,000 (which went to the Humane Society) in an auction for the notes from the pathetic apology speech that Michael Vick made. I love her more than ever.

Reese said...

That's fantastic!!!

Break a leg!!!!

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Wooo Reese! Thanks, hot stuff. How are things with you and your creative writing program?