January 22, 2008

Rockin' The Mic!

So much for retiring from stand-up comedy. Tomorrow night I will be doing stand-up at the Lincoln Lodge's 9:00 PM Comcast comedy show taping - mostly because it's going to get me on television, and because 5 or 6 of my friends will be there to boost my confidence with their drunken laughter.

If things go the way I want them to, it'll be the last time I get onstage, so don't miss your chance to see me spaz my way through what will surely someday be considered a legendary evening of comedic mishaps.

I must be especially mediagenic these days. Chicago Magazine named me as the editor of one of Chicago's best web sites, my comedy blog The Bastion. They also plugged my personal blog, Bella Rossa.

In other fun media news, Nellie and Sloan are now both posting on Chicago Metroblog, along with Bryan and Fuzzy and Dan. Bryan used Metroblog to post some cool photos he took from my place (like the one at left; more on a flickr set here), where I have a tiny amount of living space but a beautiful view of Lake Michigan, which is truly otherworldly and breathtaking when frozen.

2 comments:

Dan Telfer said...

Bryan, Fuzzy, and some other dude you know. That's awesome!

"The last time I get onstage"... oh you. Have fun. I will be in class and have to miss it. Good thing it will be on the TV!

Elizabeth McQuern said...

Ha! Why do I do that? Edited to read "along with Bryan and Fuzzy and Dan."

Thanks for the encouragement. I am nearly vibrating with nerves right now.