December 4, 2006

Bloggity Bloggity Bloggity

My e-friend Keith Huang recently interviewed Jon Lovitz for the Apiary, which is the big brother site of my baby the Bastion. Lovitz uses his MySpace blog to answer questions people send in about comedy and acting and showbiz, which I think is fantastic. Jon Lovitz is a landed rich dude. He doesn't have to care about all these kids writing to him for advice, or spend all that time writing his replies, but he does. Good on ya, Lovitz.

Lovitz: "I enjoy helping people because there's so much stuff to know about acting and how it actually works and what you need to do. And there's a lot of misinformation out there, and people don't know what it's really like or the reality of the situation. And I, of course, didn't know anything when I first started. Standup comedy isn't a competition. You're selling your own personality, and it's completely subjective. But it's fun for me to tell people this is how you do it. And there's also satisfaction when years later people will come up to me and tell me that I told them to get into standup and now they're doing it and they've made a career out of it. I'm like, 'Really? You took my advice?' But it feels good that you can help people."

Hey! I've been nominated for Best Individual Blog in the Weblog Awards. (No, I didn't nominate myself.) And yeah, over three hundred others were also nominated, but still. It's cool.

1 comment:

Chancelucky said...

Congratulations on the nomination Bella. There are several hundred thousand blogs out there, so 300 is pretty select company.