October 30, 2007

Point, Click, Erase Human Beings

Remember when you had to use old-fashioned scissors to cut an old boyfriend out of a photo? Now there's the "Tourist Remover."

I wish they had one that actually removed tourists from the vacation environment, though. I was at Schloss Neuschwanstein once, and there were all these annoying German people in my way. If I could have pointed , clicked, and deleted them, that would have made my trek through a Bavarian megalomaniac's castle so much more fun.

6 comments:

Moderator said...

Yeah, but once you've seen one megalomaniac's Bavarian castle you've seen them all.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

True, they're all pretty much the same.

Chancelucky said...

But where do these images get removed to? Do they wind up in someone else's photos?

Elizabeth McQuern said...

They end up in your grandma's vacation slideshow, which you'll have to watch at Thanksgiving. And possibly Christmas as well.

Hey, look, there's Marge and Harlan Hasselface from Dubuque! At Schloss Neuschwanstein! Buying crappy marzipan!

Dale said...

I often wonder how many photos taken by tourists I end up in as I work near a few attractions downtown. I feel it is a wonderful gift from me to them that they won't notice until later.

Elizabeth McQuern said...

That's one of my favorite part of holiday photos - the random unplanned dude in the corner of the pic. Some of my favorite family pictures are from a trip to Disneyworld when I was ten. Three of them have the same random little Asian kid in them, and he's pulling some weird face.