February 19, 2008

Frances Bean For President

As a child of the early 1990's, it makes me very happy that Frances Bean Cobain (in the new Harper's Bazaar) seems so level-headed and smart and funny. And let's not even talk about the cuteness. Doesn't everyone my age remember when she was a baby? And didn't we all worry about her in the aftermath of all the drama?

"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," Frances says. "I'm famous by default. I came out of the womb and people wanted to know who I was because of my parents. If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents. People need to wait until I've done something valid with my life."


Nellie Ann said...

Oh, thank god. I literally can remember looking at her and thinking "well, I'm not gonna get too attached to that one".

Good for you, Frances Bean!

Elizabeth McQuern said...

I know. And she seems so normal and cool. What a cute kid.

Grant Miller said...

I tell people the same thing.

Chancelucky said...

Yikes....I feel really old now.